Thursday, July 5, 2012

Klen House Radio #08


This week's radio show is celebratory, why not? Belly up to the pig and have a slice of Klen House. I'll admit wholeheartedly that the entire reason I've even heard of Dog Shredder is because there's a song on their Brass Tactics ep called 'Battle Toads' which the Nintendo nerd in me found endlessly amusing. And lo and behold, it's a pretty rad song, too, reminding me of one of those math rock bands wound up tighter and tighter and tighter, just short of snapping before you let it all explode at once! Also included is Karp's seminal treatise about ding-dong ditching, featuring bass by Jared Warren, late of Big Business and the Melvins. Rounding out the set we have David Hess' hilariously inappropriate song from the Last House on the Left soundtrack, and finally what could possibly be the best song ever put to tape, 'Oh, My Favorite!' the Strangulated Beatoffs, one of those songs that seems like spoiling the fun if I say anything about it at all.

1. Ethyl Meatplow - Suck
2. Dog Shredder - Battle Toads
3. Karp - Bastards of Disguise
    -Commercial: Martini-
4. Kendra Smith - Maggots
5. John Zorn - N. Y. Flat Top Box
6. David Hess - Water Music/Sadie & Krug
7. Cotton Mather - Homefront Cameo
8. Strangulated Beatoffs - Oh, My Favorite!

Dig the crazy kids right here.

2 comments:

  1. Fuck yeah! Karp! That caught my attention right away. Then there's the endlessly evocative "Strangulated Beatoffs," whom I've never heard, but - with a name like that - how could I pass this one up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Beatoffs are amazing, every song is essentially the same: two repeating loops, one in each speaker. Apparently they have a couple more albums, but that song is from the only one i have heard.

    ReplyDelete