Monday, November 26, 2012

Klen House Radio #24

Lots of compilation tracks this week, starting off with Daniel Miller (he of Mute Records) and Boyd Rice (he of Sassy and SS uniforms) throwing down some samples and beats that genuinely chilled me when I was a child, and was among the first of many stupid things that probably gave me whatever psychoses I have today. Everyone knows Karp, and if you don't you should, about the only thing on K Records that was ever cool (outside of about half of Beck's One Foot in The Grave). Antonio Contador comes to us straight from Headphonica Records, a label that I keep feeling I should try to get to put out one of my albums, but I'm too self-conscious about that old stuff anyway. Snagga Puss is amazing, the backing track is Dancehall reggae like any other, but Snagga himself sounds approximately 387 years old, wheezing out his lines like he could drop dead at any second. It's a moment that everyone should listen to at least once. And 'He Needs Me', Shelley Duvall's lovely song from the Popeye soundtrack? Well, that's nearly perfection, right there.

1. Daniel Miller & Boyd Rice - Cleanliness and Order
2. Karp - Connect 5
3. Mitches Blue Standard - Stop Staring at Me
4. Antonio Contador - Crazy in Love
    -Commercial: Palm Springs-
5. Matthew Friedberger - Greyhound
6. Snagga Puss - Defend It
7. Wicked Witch - X Rated
8. Shelley Duvall - He Needs Me

Download the show before Snagga Puss bites the dust!
Headphonica puts out Antonio Contador, Ergo Phizmiz...me, someday?
Thrill Jockey has been putting out Matt Friedberger's music for a while.

And here's a pretty awesome addendum... Matt Friedberger performing at the Luminary Center for the Arts in St. Louis. He still looks like a dweeb.



No comments:

Post a Comment