Thursday, August 9, 2012

Klen House Radio #12






A couple side projects in this week, with the likes of BEAK> featuring Portishead's Geoff Barrow making some absolutely wonderful krauty, proggy, jammy junk with Billy Fuller and Matt Williams, then slicing endless jams into bite-sized (comparatively) tidbits for you and me. Butter 08 is Cibo Matto with the drummer from the Blues Explosion, and I have to say that their sole album is way better than anything either of those bands ever put out (well, anything the Explosion put out anyway), evoking some kind of nervous early 70s trip after the promise of the 60s turned to shambles a la There's a Riot Goin' On, though through the lens of 90s slacker culture that Grand Royal Records was known for. As far as I can tell, The Yetians made exactly one song, the aptly-named "Yeti" on the soundtrack for the movie of the same name, though a quick Google search does bring up a profile of someone named Ye Tian as well. Erratic Operator is straight out of my teenhood, included on a strange, disturbing tape I got from a Wisconsin-based Interzone Records, if it weren't for that I might be posting a bunch of AM radio hits every week instead of the sludge I offer you now. And I'll leave you with this: That picture up there is a Swedish dish called Surströmming, and I found it though an image search for the word 'stinky'. Another picture simply offered the words 'Stinky Woman,' which is totally going to be my next authentic blues revivalist band.

1. BEAK> - Backwell
2. The Rick Potts Band - Platform Swimfins
3. Butter 08 - 9MM
    -Commercial: Madison Motors-
4. Amps for Christ - Prince Charlie Stuart
5. The Yetians - Yeti
6. Erratic Operator - Trap?
7. Voltaire - Dia De Los Muertos

I can't give you any Stinky Woman, but check out this stuff here!


No comments:

Post a Comment