Thursday, August 30, 2012

Klen House Radio #15

 Finally managed to tear myself away from the new Swans album The Seer long enough to post some tunes. I consider myself monstrously lucky to have gotten a copy of game Theory's Lolita Nation on eBay for about $25 since their cheapest album right now is going for about double that, and Lolita is the one everybody wants. It's great, fractured 80s pop music, a must for anyone who likes the stranger side of synth and boomy drums. I've written before of my love of Text, but it bears repeating; that they only made one album and one EP is a travesty, especially since the EP is maddeningly difficult to find. So, nice guy I am, I offer you listeners a tune from it.

1. Chefs - Food
2. Flux Information Sciences - Flux Summer
3. Game Theory - We Love You, Carol & Alison
4. The Go! Team - Did You Feel It Too?
    -Commercial: Midas Muffler-
5. Text - Sailor
6. Naked City - Party Girl
7. Matthew Friedberger - Shirley

Stay away from Mara, and listen to these sounds here!
Game Theory's Scott Miller has a music blog (and a book!) that you can check out here!
Flux Information Sciences have made nearly their whole catalog available here for free!
Matt Friedberger puts out like a record every month, get them all here!
And hell, go get the new Swans album here, it's my album of the year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment